THE EFFECT OF FEATURE VIDEO ON THE ABILITY OF PRE-SERVICE TEACHERS TO APPRECIATE INDONESIAN TRADITIONAL ARTS
DOI : 10.24269/jin.v3i3.1434
This paper is the research result that aimed to determine the effect of video-feature learning media on the ability of pre-service elementary school teachers to appreciate Indonesian traditional arts. The research method used was true experiment with a between-subject design (two experiment control group design). The population of this study was 600 students of elementary school teacher education at a university in Surakarta with a sample of 120 students assigned to the experimental and control groups. The sampling technique used was random sampling. The instrument validity used content validity and construct validity to test the validity of test instruments and media. The data were collected using tests and interviews. They were then analysed using t-test with SPSS 16 for windows. The results of the study showed that there is a difference in the ability to appreciate arts between the students in the control and experimental groups. This can be seen from the mean pre-test score of the experimental class of 13.727 which experienced an increase from the initial test (pre-test) of 10.045. On one hand, the mean post-test score of control class was 9.909 which experienced a slight increase from the mean of the initial test (pre-test) of 9.818. The conclusion of this study is that the video-feature media influences the ability of the pre- service teachers of elementary school teacher education program.
- Azhar, A J. (2011). “Media Pembelajaran (Learning Media).” PT. Grafindo Persada, 2011.
- Campbell P.S, Kassner C.S, Kassner K. (2010).“Music in Childhood: From Preschool through the Elementary Grades” Third Edition, Enhanced Edition.
- Australia: Schirmer Cengage Learning.
- Christ T, Arya P, Chiu M M. (2017). “Video use in teacher education: An international survey of practices”. Journal Teaching and Teacher Education, Journal homepage:www.elsevier.com/locate/tate, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.20 16.12.005, 63 (2017) p. 22-35.
- Cruse,E. (2007). “Using Educational Video in The Classroom: Theory, Research, and Practice”.https://www.safarimonta ge.com/pdfs/training/UsingEducat ionalVideoInTheC lassroo m.
- Desmita. (2012)“Psikologi Perkembangan (Developmental Psychology).” PT. Remaja Posdakarya Offset.
- Faisal, M. (2009) “Kajian Bahasa Indonesia SD (Review of Bahasa Indonesia in Elementary School).” Depdiknas.
- Gaudin C, Chalies S. (2015). “Video
- viewing in teacher education and professional
- development: A literature review”. Journal of Educational Research Review. Journal homepage: www.elsevier.com/locate/edurev, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.edurev. 2015.06.001. 16 (2015) p. 41-67.
- Hatch. T, Shuttleworth. J, Jaffe A.T, Marri A. (2016). “Videos, pairs, and peers: What connects theory and practice in teacher education?”. Journal Teaching and Teacher Education, Journal homepage: www.elsevier.com/locate/tate, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.20 16.04.011. 59 (2016) p. 274-284.
- Khisbiyah, Y., Sabardila, A. (2011). “Pendidikan Apresiasi Seni (Art Appreciation Education).” Surakarta: Study Centre of Arts, Culture, and Social Changes, UMS.
- Liu, Mei-hui. (2016). “Blending a class video blog to optimize student learning outcomes in higher education”. Journal The Internet and Higher Education, Journal
- Contents lists available at ScienceDirect, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.iheduc. 2016.03.001. 30 (2016) p. 44-53.
- Mulyasa, H.E. (2012) “Praktik Penelitian Tindakan Kelas (Practice of Classroom Action Research).” PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Permendikbud No. 21 Tahun 2016 tentang Standar Isi Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah (Regulation of Ministry of Education and Culture No. 21 Year 2016 about Content Standards of Primary and Secondary Education).
- Permendikbud No. 64 Tahun 2013 tentang Standar Isi Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah (Regulation of Ministry of Education and Culture No. 64 Year 2016 about Content Standards of Primary and Secondary Education).
- Prastowo, A. (2012) “Panduan Kreatif Membuat Bahan Ajar Inovatif (Creative Guideline to Make Innovative Learning Material).” Diva Press.
- Rustopo,. (1998) “Pengantar Pengetahuan Kesenian (Introduction to Knowledge of Arts).” Surakarta: STSI Surakarta Press.